Pages

Thursday, July 15, 2010

iPod Classic Gets Droped?

I have no ''real'' evidence for this prediction but anyone that really follows Apple should know that the ipod classic is not very amazing anymore to Apple consumers. In 2005 the iPod Classic was just called the iPod, there were no other ipod models to get confused with or compete with. Now, with the ipod touch and the iPhone taking the world by storm the ipod classic is left WAY behind with no upgrades better than memory and battery life but resulting in same, almost lower sales. So there isn't much doubt in my mind that apple will drop it all the way. It definitely will be painful news to many people as the iPod Classic being the device that saved apple from near death in 2000. But the world changes in 9 years and change comes in good, and bad ways.

1 comment:

  1. I really hope not. I have a 30gb Ipod "classic" and it's pretty good. I have 127gb of music though, so want a bigger classic. I'm waiting to see what apple do in september.

    I'd like them to get some FLAC capability and make it 200GB, allowing for less compression and better sound quality, which it currently lacks.

    If not I hope MS or Creative spot that Apple are idiots, and come out with something far better, that supports FLAC and has better sound quality.

    I don't want a touch, or a nano Mr Jobs, I have, for now at least, an Iphone 3gs for that, I want a simple, basic, but massive capacity-d Mp3 player.

    Is that too much to ask?

    ReplyDelete